The United Democratic Commonwealth will open a path to citizenship for those parties who invest a threshold amount of fiat currency, cryptocurrency, or in-kind property (or a combination of those) in an Approved UDC Enterprise. All such applicants must pass the UDC constitutional exam, and prove good character as part of the application process.
An Approved UDC Enterprise is one which will:
- employ four or more paid UDC citizens full-time for a period of at least two years (or a number of part time workers to meet a total or 160 hours per week), and
- is projected to generate income sufficient to continue in business beyond the intitial two years.
- in which the investor takes no active part in management or operation of the enterprise for the initial two years, and may take no more than a 50% control and ownership after that time.
- will operate within the legal constraints of the UDC.
- becomes approved by the Polity in the course of the application.
- provide investment funds to one or more UDC Administration Initiatives (state initiatives to develop, build or maintain infrastructure or services to UDC citizens).
The procedure for application under this category is:
- Contact the UDC Secretary Of Citizenship, and confirm that you qualify for this category of application.
- Complete the application forms and remit the required fee by the date stipulated by the Secretary For Citizenship (usually within 30 days of the date your forms are sent to you). (Fees are payable for application processing, and are not refundable regardless of the success or failure of the application).
- The application must be accompanied by verifiable evidence of the applicant's finances, and a complete business proposal, or a summary of UDC initiative(s) which the applicant wishes to support, and in what amount(s).
- Upon receipt, the Secretary Of Citizenship may request further information, supporting evidence or written references, or may adjudicate the application as it is.
- The application will be investigated and the Secretary For Citizenship will advise the applicant of the approval or denial, and the reasons therefor.
- If an application is denied, another application can be made under another category, or the same category if there is additional supporting evidence not submitted in a previous application.
- If an application is approved, the Secretary for Citizenship will obtain approval of the Polity at a special plenary session (the Polity may still deny the application). If the Politu approves the application, the applicant will be advised of particulars and timing of investment. The grant of citizenship will be confirmed immediately upon completion of investment requirements.