The Compact Establishing The United Democratic Commonwealth
This Compact Creating And Establishing
The United Democratic Commonwealth
A Direct and Delegative Democracy,
A Distributed Polity,
Sovereign and Autonomous
Is Made Between:
H.E. Jasen Lemar Edwards,
William Han Madden,
H.S.H. Prince Shadow George Dragu-Mihai,
H.S.H. Prince Patrick Guy Dragu-Mihai, and
H.S.H. Prince Paul George Dragu-Mihai,
All of whom separately and together are Contracting Parties
WHEREAS recognition and protection of human rights have historically and remain, regardless of the democratic, populist or egalitarian terms in which they might be couched, written under the implied or patent assumption that rights are granted to humans individually and collectively from a higher authority,
AND WHEREAS such authority is and always has been, in truth, concerned with the exercise of power over some people by certain other people, or by people acting through legal fictions, including without limitation legal fictions defined as corporations, governments and state organs,
AND RECOGNIZING that in fact, statements regarding human rights are used in law to delineate and limit human rights and define how human rights may be breached, suppressed or abrogated, as opposed to how they may be exercised, promoted or protected, and understanding that such is an implicit though unintended recognition of the natural moral supremacy of humans and the inalienability of human rights,
AND RECOGNIZING that representative government in its many forms is not democracy, insomuch as by design it reduces an individual human’s power to affect political change to a single periodic vote for a representative whose selection or decisions the voting individual may have no actual ability to influence,
AND RECOGNIZING that the structure of representative government attenuates direct influence by a voting body politic rather than facilitates it, while it permits and even relies upon secretive and opaque discussion, dealing and influence by unknown and unknowable individuals, special interests and other forces acting personally or through legal fictions,
AND RECOGNIZING that legal fictions such as corporate and bureaucratic structures are, in fact, actual fictions which, though they may have just or convenient uses, are in fact always used to protect actors within those structures from the consequences of their actions; Any given legal fiction is designed in part to reduce or completely excise both personal responsibility and personal recognition of the individual actor within it,
AND RECOGNIZING that the economies and resources of the world are poorly distributed and benefit a tiny few to the disadvantage of the vast majority, and that the global political system supports and maintains this poor distribution, and that economics and politics are inseparable in concept and in practice,
AND RECOGNIZING that geography has been an historically convenient way to delineate and separate states, political and economic associations, and nations, often only for administrative convenience, but that it makes no sense to confine a polity by geographical locus in an advanced society where travel is easy, human communications are decentralized and global, and where humanity is poised to extend its presence beyond the globe,
AND RECOGNIZING that the advancement of technology has created an environment and infrastructure that permits the development and practicability of direct democracy, delegative democracy, a global distributed polity which supersedes nations and states, and a global decentralized economy which can be tailored to geography or markets,
AND RECOGNIZING that entrenched interests around the world, including corporations, governments and powerful individuals and groups are unlikely to permit the transformation of their various political and economic structures into true democracies with truly egalitarian economies and true recognition and protection of the supremacy of human rights over such established interests,
AND BELIEVING AND ASSERTING that it is in the best interests of human beings individually and of humanity as a whole to establish, permit and promote the full exercise of democracy, human rights and individual economic rights, and to recognize that supreme power and rights naturally reside within human beings and are derived only from and granted only by human beings:
THE CONTRACTING PARTIES AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Upon ratification as set out below, this Compact creates a sovereign distributed body politic, whose name is United Democratic Commonwealth, referred to herein as “The UDC” or “UDC” and the total number of members of which are defined herein as the “Polity”.
- The UDC will be a direct and delegative democracy, and a distributed body politic. It will be structured:
- to permit direct influence by the Polity at every practical level of law and politics, and into the executive and administrative process, as and when that practicability becomes apparent, and
- to promote the supremacy of human rights over all other political and economic actors and powers including political representatives, government authorities, and all legal fictions including governments, corporations, regulators and their various agents, and
- to create, promote and preserve an egalitarian and decentralized economy controlled by individual human beings for themselves and on their own accounts, and
- to be administered through Administrative Organs of the Polity as created, answerable to and revised by the Polity from time to time or moment to moment as is practicable, and which will be pseudonymous as far as economic transactions are concerned, and may be pseudonymous as far as political transactions, but not anonymous or pseudonymous so far as Members acting within Administrative Organs are concerned, and
- to preserve and promote perpetual and complete transparency in the political, administrative, executive, judicial and economic processes and organs of the Polity, and any other process or organ which may be created by the Polity, so far as a pseudonymous system can do that. Transparency in any process or organ of the Polity may be limited only so far as justice and fairness to the individual Human Being requires.
- The constitutional documents of the UDC will include statements of recognition of the Supremacy of Humans and Human Rights. The rights to be enumerated will include (without limiting enumeration here) economic rights, privacy rights, freedom of thought, freedom of speech, freedom from surveillance, freedom to act on one’s conscience, the freedom to act to do what is right and prevent what is wrong, the right to unhindered access and use of any communication medium, freedom of movement and residence, freedom from actual or implied ownership of or security over a human being, freedom of association, freedom from intentional physical or mental harm, freedom from unreasonable or arbitrary detention, freedom from responsibility for any act of one’s parents or forebears, freedom from unreasonable or arbitrary or mass search, surveillance or seizure, the right to access resources and foodstuffs, freedom of movement and residence, the right to self-actualization, and any other rights the Polity enumerates.
- All rights and powers, including those which are not enumerated or known at the time of creation of this Compact or any law of the UDC, will be deemed to reside within humanity as a whole and as individuals, and not to be subject to abrogation, alienation, suppression, limitation or control of any actor without the permission of the Polity, which shall only be specific and temporary and shall never be perpetual or permanent permission.
- Any right or power recognized by the Polity after the ratification of this Compact, though extant and located in an outside state, society, legal fiction or other locus, shall be deemed by the Polity to reside exclusively within Human Beings who are the source of that right or power, and not to any legal fiction or over-arching authority exercising that power.
- Parties who are legal fictions, such as bodies corporate, or who are otherwise not individual Human Beings shall never enjoy any constitutional rights or permanent legal existence. Legal fictions may be granted specific, temporary and limited, but never general or permanent or perpetual, existence and powers by the Polity from time to time, where that is advantageous to the Polity and where such does not injure the rights of significant parts of the Polity.
- Upon entering into this Compact, The UDC will claim, and work towards and maintain for the Polity as individual members and as a whole, actual political and legal autonomy and sovereignty within the world and everywhere its members exist.
FORMATION AND SOVEREIGNTY OF THE UDC
- The UDC is formed upon ratification of this Compact as defined below, and the Contracting Parties will form the Polity at first instance. The UDC is the main administrative organ of the Polity, which is sovereign, and shall act on behalf of the Polity as a state, under the terms of this Compact and the constitutional laws created by the Polity.
- The Polity will appoint temporary Administrative Councils as set out herein. Such Administrative Councils will have plenipotentiary power to enact laws, enter agreements and do all things a sovereign polity can do, and will act until certain thresholds in membership numbers are reached, as defined by the Polity. The first such council is referred to herein as the First Administrative Council.
- The First Administrative Council may but need not act by decree as regards laws and rules regarding constitutional set up. When the Polity reaches a threshold number of members defined by the Polity, the First Administrative Council will dissolve. Successive Administrative Councils shall be subject to the Polity for their membership and tenure according to the principles and laws of the direct and delegative democracy of the UDC.
- The concern and task of the First Administrative Council will be: to bootstrap the Polity by the creation of constitutional and other laws intended to implement this Compact; the pursuit of political and administrative recognition by foreign individuals and powers of every level; and the creation of financial and economic laws, programs, techniques and processes which will implement this Compact according to its intent and establish the political and economic system of the UDC according to its principles.
- The Polity will define a threshold number of members to trigger debate, alteration and approval of the constitution and laws enacted by the First Administrative Council and successive administrative councils and organs, which will be done through a direct and delegative democratic process.
CITIZENSHIP/MEMBERSHIP IN UDC
- Every Contracting Party who ratifies this Compact as set out below shall be a member of The Polity and may stand for any administrative office created by this Compact or hereafter. The Polity is the aggregate of all members of The UDC. The terms “citizen” and “member” of the Polity are identical and interchangeable in all aspects as far as the UDC is concerned. Either term may be used dependent only on readability.
- Every member of the Polity shall have the unfettered right, but not the obligation, to participate and vote in every discussion on law, politics, justice and administrative matters of The UDC, directly or through delegation to another citizen. This right is subject only to alteration by the Polity when it reaches a threshold number of members as defined by the Polity. Initial procedures and voting ratios to create or alter laws or any other process within the UDC shall be set by the First Administrative Council.
- The Polity will define requirements for new membership in the UDC from time to time. Until such time as the Polity does so, the First Administrative Council and any successors may admit members by executive fiat on any terms it deems appropriate. The UDC shall never require a citizen of a foreign state to renounce their citizenship. Membership in the UDC, once granted, cannot be revoked unless obtained by fraud.
- Only individual natural Human Beings are eligible for membership in the UDC.
LAWS OF THE UDC
- The initial laws of The UDC will include:
- A Statement of the Supremacy of Humans and of Human Rights,
- A statement prohibiting the UDC from engaging in wars of conquest of any kind, denouncing the use of war, terrorist and other violent methods of diplomacy and coercion of foreign states or nations, and permitting only self defense of the UDC and its citizens,
- Rules to implement economic and financial systems,
- Rules protecting Humans from the limitation, suppression or injury to their rights by other humans or legal fictions,
- Rules specifically and permanently limiting and subordinating the powers and rights of legal fictions (whether foreign or domestic) to Human Beings, and limiting the temporality of their existence,
- Rules and laws required to promote and administer the UDC and the above,
- Rules relating to the voting and political processes,
- Rules and systems ensuring the security, integrity and fairness and transparency of the political process,
- Rules and systems preventing the consolidation of political powers from a distributed and delegative democracy into centralized forms or less democratic forms including cartels, representative forms, corporate or hegemonic forms of rule,
- Rules relating to interaction with foreign powers and governments,
- Rules on membership and citizenship,
- Rules relating to the integrity and security of The UDC
- Administrative rules and laws necessary to the above.
2. The First Administrative Council will enact such other laws and rules as it deems necessary or efficacious.
3. The First Administrative Council shall be empowered to administer the laws and rules which it enacts.
RATIFICATION AND SIGNATURE
- This Compact is complete and effective among the Contracting Parties who sign it. This Compact will be executed by the Contracting Parties in counterpart and is effective on the first date any two Contracting Parties sign it.
- The Compact will bind a Contracting Party when that party signs it originally and returns an originally signed copy to the Organizing Party who shall be H.S.H. Prince Shadow George Dragu-Mihai.
- A Contracting Party has 14 days from the date of verbal approval by the other Contracting Parties to return an originally signed copy of this Compact to the Organizing Party.
- Each Contracting Party, by ratifying the Compact, asserts full agreement with this Compact and all its provisions, and full intention to enter into The UDC as a full citizen, recognizing that such does not and will never require the renunciation of any other national citizenship or any rights or protections conferred by such.
- Each Contracting Party understands that this Compact is and will remain a public document.
IN FULL AGREEMENT WHEREOF, THE CONTRACTING PARTIES AFFIX THEIR RESPECTIVE SIGNATURES IN COUNTERPART:
H.E. JASEN LEMAR EDWARDS
H.S.H. PRINCE SHADOW GEORGE DRAGU-MIHAI
H.S.H. PRINCE PATRICK GUY DRAGU-MIHAI
H.S.H. PRINCE PAUL GEORGE DRAGU-MIHAI
[WILLIAM HAN MADDEN was unable, for personal reasons, to complete entry into the UDC at the time of the Compact]